đź’• Love is a Game

Love is a game that two can play and both can win. Or five can play and one can win. Or…depends on what kinds of rules you set! Plus it’s what makes the world go round. Or was it money? Well, the stakes are high this month because you will be competing for the hearts of the players. And money! Are you ready to put your heart into it?

This month’s mission: Create a game or a space around the concepts of love and/or friendship. Feel free to interpret the theme as you wish, make a puzzle, a platformer, the decision is yours.

And since the full saying goes, “love is a game that two can play and both can win”, we will give a bonus reward to whoever creates the best co-op!

Tl;dr:

• Create a love/friendship-themed game or space. Bonus reward for best co-op.

:trophy: Awards:

1st place: 300 USD
2nd-3rd: 200 USD
Best co-op bonus: 100 USD (can be awarded to 1st-3rd place winners or non-winners alike)

Challenge starts on February 1st, and submissions close on February 20th, 2022 at 1:00 PM GMT+2.

Winners will be announced on February 22nd during the playthrough livestream.

We will then DM the winners for the reward details.

Rules:

Yahaha decides the winners.

You can show your support by playing the creations and leaving comments in the submissions.

Community’s opinion will be considered.

To be a valid submission, please follow these requirements:

-Create and publish an original project

-Submit your project on the Yahaha forum OR Yahaha’s Discord server on the dedicated channel

Share the love by sharing your game on social media too! :heart:

7 Likes

Good luck everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone.
I finished my entry, which you can access now on the following link:

Or on itch:

An important thing to mention is that I developed this game to be a coop game. So if you try to play it in single player, then you won’t be able to complete the game.

If you play it coop, then just a tip … look for easter eggs.
Hope you’ll have fun and good luck for the other entries.

dude nice place, but what’s behind that door after talking to the professor, I entered and there’s nothing but walls

You have to play with someone else to progress in the game. Another player will trigger things happening in your room.

1 Like

You need someone to help you with that. In the beginning there’s 2 doors. One person goes to the left, the other one to the right.
That’s why it’s important to have 2 person to play this game, because certain doors can’t be opened if you play it solo.

Hey, I finally finished my entry: Yahahearts | Yahaha

It’s an attempt at making a dating sim of sorts. It’s a bit buggy but I think it turned out good! Lemme know which of the club members is your favorite. :wink:

Hi everyone !
I finally finished my entry
Here’s the link :
No Game No Love

Note: This game cannot be completed alone. Because there are puzzles that require 2 people to solve them :sweat_smile:

My Love-is-a-game entry: Speed Daters

Ayesha and Jeremy are having their Annual Valentines Dinner Date. But their food isn’t ready! Oh no! Team up a friend (preferably someone special) and go up another couple! See who can finish preparing all meals first! Ayesha and Jeremy need you to save their date! God Speed Chefs!

My dear friends, the new product has been launched online. This game tells us that cooperation full of “love” will make our game very simple.

Hello, everyone. I have finished the cooperative game about love. In the game, partners need to help each other to reach the end. Believe me, “love” is not just a game.

Infiltrate a terrorist camp where the President and his collaborators have been taken captive, in exchange for their release, you will receive friendship hearts :two_hearts: :two_hearts: for your bravery. (Single and Co-op mode).

My love submission.

This is my submission for “Love is Game” event…

The winners of this event have been announced! If you missed our Twitch stream, here’s a quick recap of all the entries:

FIRST PLACE: No Game No Love — Naomee

SECOND PLACE: Yahaha Golf! — Adam

THIRD PLACE: Valentines Laboratory — Skulhunter

CO-OP BONUS WINNER: Valentines Laboratory — Skulhunter

The other entries were also fantastically great, and you should definitely give all of them a go. The games range from two-person party games to petting super cute zoo animals:

Yahahearts — ArjenDesign
Speed Daters — AAArcadev
Double party — 二马
It Takes Two — dilidili
Valentine Ops — joachimsamake
The Zoo — Noraly
Love is in the Air — ElSuperMano
Dual Racing Game —Neon

Thank you to everyone who took part, it was an honor to play your love-themed games! See you in the next event :heart:

2 Likes