Lights, Camera, Create! Event

Grab your popcorn because it’s time to entertain and be entertained, to experience the thrill of the chase scene, the sadness of the “The End” or the weirdness of that one Monty Python flick… It’s time to recreate some movie and TV show scenes!

1. Pick a film or a show and choose a scene from it. Maybe it’s your favorite movie scene, maybe it’s visually beautiful, anything that tickles your fancy. (Tip: choose something dynamic and interesting!)
  2. Then, recreate that scene in YAHAHA. Make the scene interactable, animated or otherwise moving (either emotionally or gravitationally).
  3. Publish your creation.

Awards:

1st place: 300 USD
2nd-3rd: 200 USD

Challenge starts on May 10th , and submissions close on May 25, 2022 1:00 PM .

Winners will be announced on May 27, 2022 4:00 PM .

We will then DM the winners for the reward details.

Rules: Yahaha decides the winners. You can show your support by playing the creations and leaving emojis in the submissions. Community’s opinion will be considered. To be a valid submission, please follow these requirements:

• Create and publish an original project based on a scene in an existing movie or a TV show
  • Make sure to include a thumbnail and description of your game
  • Submit your project in the comments below

Feel free to share your creation on social media too and get some of that sweet industry recognition! …because that’s showbiz baby!

3 Likes

Lights, Camera, Create! WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

It’s a wrap!!

The Lights, Camera, Create! event has come to an end and what a fantastic experience it was. We challenged you the creators to choose one of your favourite movies/tv shows and recreate a scene from it within YAHAHA and you did not disappoint.

We saw some fantastic entries spanning decades worth of movies and tv shows and we had an absolute blast playing through them. We explored every corner and giggled at every reference all while being amazed at the creativity.

However, there are only three winning spots and it was a tough decision for us, but with no further delay we would like to say a huge congratulations to the following

1st Place - Squid Game Glass Bridge by Ferdi

Squid Game Glass Bridge | Yahaha

This game had us giggling as we tried to survive this fantastic replication of the glass panel game from Squid Game. The VIP room and trailer included were an awesome touch to make this game stand out for us.

2nd Place - Raiders of the Lost Temple by Solarsheep

Raiders of the Lost Temple | Yahaha

Get crab, run! A great take on the famous scene from Indiana Jones with great use of mechanical traps to have us running in fear.

3rd Place - A Dream by ShambaC

A Dream | Yahaha

Is this a dream?! Another great game showing use of mechanics (and again crabs) to bring the world of inception alive with the genius rotating hallway.

Other Entries

Discovering Narnia | Yahaha by ArjenDesign

The Simpsons | Yahaha by Pan_De_Muerto

Iron Man Workshop | Yahaha by Baka

The Great Hall | Yahaha by Milide

Ruins Run | Yahaha by Mads/Fabler

A Stroll in Hobbiton | Yahaha by Rachel

Oliver’s WHASUUUUUUUP | Yahaha by Oliver

NoCountryForOldMen | Yahaha by -Jay

Light camera action! LOTR Mines of Moria | Yahaha by MangoMan

A Prestigious Line of Work | Yahaha by chululonghorn

Congratulations to the winners and a huge thank you to everyone that participated in the event. We look forward to seeing all the incredible creations at the next event.

2 Likes

congrats to all the winners! @Ferdi , @Solarsheep and Shamba!

1 Like

So happy! I got my idea when I was trying to sleep and I couldn’t sleep anymore because of the excitement. I envisioned having people pick a random number only to find out later that, that was their chronological Squid Game glass bridge number :laughing: Eventually I did do that and I had a great laugh watching them play (and fall to their demise swearing). It was worth the sleepless night and all the work I put into it. Thanks for hosting the event, I had a great time!

4 Likes

i’m going to try them all!

1 Like

Hey everyone, a big thanks to all that participated in the previous event. It was a blast playing all your games and I had a great time doing so along with the others. Here is a little highlight reel we have thrown together celebrating all you amazing creators from the event

6 Likes

OH wow , So many cool spaces!