⚽ Sports Mania

Throughout the year, every once in a while, a sports-related event pops up. Be it the Olympics, World Cup, or something else dedicated to the athletic arts. Therefore, we thought it was only natural to have a sports event of our own, within YAHAHA.

This month’s mission is to create a sports game. Now, making just a space (like a basketball court without any balls or players) is acceptable too, but we’re really encouraging you to utilize some of the game mechanics to make a functioning, fun game. You could recreate an existing sport or come up with a funky never-before-seen sport altogether!

Tl;dr:

• Create a sports game (OR a sport-related space).

:trophy: Awards:

1st place: 300 USD

2nd-3rd: 200 USD

First-timer award: 100 USD (given to best entry from a newcomer, someone who hasn’t won any events before)

:calendar: Challenge starts on November 9th, and submissions close on November 30th, 2022 at 1:00 PM.

Winners will be announced on December 2nd during the playthrough livestream.

We will then DM the winners for the reward details.

:bangbang: Rules:

Yahaha decides the winners.

You can show your support by playing the creations and leaving comments in the submissions.

Community’s opinion will be considered.

To be a valid submission, please follow these requirements:

-Create and publish an original project

-Submit your project on the Yahaha forum

Please note that the submissions policy has changed. The correct place for event submissions is now on the Yahaha forum!

Submitting your creation on the forum will ensure that not only does your entry get seen, but it will also stay there forever so others can see it in the future.

Also, you know all sports are better with an audience, so share those creations on your social media!

1 Like

Here is my project: Football Field

Attempt to create a space for friends to play a football match.

But I started with the Tool, I still need to learn how to move more, I would like to finish it but the lack of tutorials makes the process difficult.

Hey William,

thanks for creating something for the event and for building with YAHAHA. What kinds of tutorials are you looking for? We have a number of them available in the studio launcher and on the YouTube with plenty more still to come.

Thanks

I would like to put a check on the Ball to Goal collision and add score for who scored the most goals based on the team that would be formed before the start of the game.

At the moment the Goal was scored added +1 to the Team that made it and would Reset the Players and the Ball to the Center of the Match

I would also like to make a method so that when pressing the Attack action, he applies a physical force on the ball as if it were a kick, because making it move only when touching is fine, but when it stays in the corners of the field, with the application of the kick, he would hit the wall and get out of there.

I liked the tool, but it needs more tutorials explaining the use of graphical nodes because as much as the person has logic in his head, he needs to demonstrate its use by explaining with basic examples and not only the behaviors.

There is definitely a lot more to come in regards to Node Graph content and tutorials, however we do have a fantastic community on our Discord that are constantly creating and discussing these things.

There are also some templates available on the studio that provide some fun game modes that you might also be able to incorporate into it.

Yes I joined Discord, but everything stopped there, and the examples that exist don’t fit the description I provided earlier.

This is my first sumbission to the challange (there may be more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) Air Hockey IRL

Here’s the game I made for the event!

READY? STEADY!

FIGHT!

Ready for some football ?
This is no ordinary football ! Press F to use your random ability and punch others to stun them.
Abilities :

1. DIsappear for 5 seconds
  2. Increased speed for 5 seconds
  3. Teleport or Dash forward

All abilities have a 5 second cooldown.

My game for the Sports Mania event.
Catch the ball!

Hey Guys,

Here is my Space for the Sport Mania Contest.
If you have any Questions please feel free to contact me via Discord:
Discord Name : Vefroh

I was creating this Project alone and was build a lot of assets in this Space.
The Yahahamons , the Floors , the City. I’ve spend over 80 Hours to create this!
I had also make a Gameplay Video!

Youtube Gameplay: Yahahamon Arena Sports - Gameplay - YouTube

Space: Yahahamon Arena Sports! | Yahaha

Have fun with my Game! <3

Here is my second submission Shooting Range

Try to shoot every bottle in the lowest amount of time

Another submission Dribble King. Dribble the ball to the goal to win!

Beach Balls of Doom (Avoid The Beach Balls) | Yahaha I finished my space! I had a lot of trouble with the sports theme and ended up taking too long, so I really had like 3 half finished ideas instead of one good one. I still think this one turned out fun though. Swim around and avoid the Beachballs of Doom ~

Hello, Here is my submission for Sports Mania Event.

Another event is done, thank you all for the sporty submissions! There can only be three (+1) winners though, and this time they were as follows:

FIRST PLACE - Yahahamon Arena Sports! by VeFroh

SECOND PLACE - Mini Swimming Game by Neon

THIRD PLACE - FootBall Legends (PC Only) by ShambaC

FIRST TIMER AWARD - WilliamHatake’s Football Field Template by WilliamHatake

Thank you to everyone who took part in this event, you are the best! :heart: :soccer: