🛋️The Great Indoors

Baby, it’s cold outside! Or hot. Or just generally unpleasant. In fact, sometimes it’s better to stay indoors.

In this challenge, we’d like you to create an indoor hangout space.
It could be a carbon copy of the comfy nest that is your own room, a cabin in the woods, or any indoor space you think would be pleasant to spend time in. As long as it can be considered as being “inside”, we will be happy and won’t disqualify you.

:trophy: Awards:
1st place: 300 USD
2nd-3rd: 200 USD

:date: Challenge starts on July 1st, and submissions close on July 22nd at 1pm GMT+3.
Winners will be announced on July 26th.
We will then DM the winners for the reward details.

:bangbang: Rules:
Yahaha decides the winners.
You can show your support by playing the creations and leaving comments in the submissions.
Community’s opinion will be considered.
To be a valid submission, please follow these requirements:
-Create and publish an original project
-Submit your project on the Yahaha forum

Please note that the submissions policy has changed. The correct place for event submissions is now on the Yahaha forum!
Submitting your creation on the forum will ensure that not only does your entry get seen, but it will also stay there forever so others can see it in the future.

And since others might be staying inside too, share your creation on social media and give them a gift of being indoors indoors…indoorception!

6 Likes

So only hangout, “adventure mode” so to say in gameplay settings?

1 Like

The game mode doesn’t matter if you can figure out how to make it work. The only rule is that it is indoors so if you can figure out how to make a survival game work indoors, go for it!

1 Like

Currently got this underground cave, with fortress. Has puzzles/traps/obstacle course.
After some play testers having some hard time I have rebalanced some issues, and still need to fix a few ending related bugs. Then its about performance and stability, to some users the textures and meshes are not working properly for some reason.

3 Likes

Hello, I made a map according to the assignment, but I don’t know what to do next, I put it as publish and where should I send it?

1 Like

Hey Falips,

in order to enter the event all you need to do is post the link to your space right here in this post and that will be it entered.

1 Like

See all the exhibits in the Museum of Stuff! And try not to turn into an exhibit yourself!

HAVE FUNNN

4 Likes

My project for event

It is a model of a brick shack with three bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a living room. I hope you enjoy the experience.

4 Likes

Welcome to my indoor party, hope you enjoy your time! Invite your friends too…

4 Likes

This is my submission for the event. Its a hangout space with a party room where you can toggle the party music on and off. There’s food in the dining space. A comfy bed fireplace in the bedroom. And a gameroom to play with your friends. There is a working ‘Catch me if you can’ game as well in the gameroom.

Edit : Bugs squashed and details added ! Except for the spawn glitch :frowning: I cant fix that.

4 Likes

My indoor space is an adventure style mini map. I didn’t dare mage it bigger because i am already at 80% android and i don’t want to crash someones phone by accident! ^^’

4 Likes

Here is my hangout space for the event!

The indoors can make a great hangout space with a couple of game consoles or a place to play card games!

4 Likes

Finished my first game on Yahaha.
The learning process consumed… A lot of coffee.
So the game is about coffee.
And space.
Enjoy!

3 Likes

The Solarpunk inspired Atrium, bringing the outdoors in!

Inspired by Solarpunk aesthetics, whilst the architectural shape is based on a wood knot. The whole space is rotationally symmetric too. There’s also a streaming screen on the central deck for social events. Enjoy!

3 Likes

I finished mine! Really went ham with the lights on this one. Welcome to the Dream Observatory.

3 Likes

I finished my event scene!
Sakura Safespace is a game of discovery and relaxation. Discover a space full of colors, lights and harmony in combination with things that I love and that give me security.
Be careful! Only at Sakuraplace you be safe!
Dogos all around you! <3

This game was created with love of detail for the Yahaha event “The Great Indoors”.

2 Likes

Here’s my submission! Finished it in the nick of time hahahah

2 Likes

Here’s HyperRoom! I tested it out and it’s BROKEN in multiplayer. So PLEASE only play solo, if you join someone’s room, please leave, because you can’t play anyways.

1 Like

hahaha, you made it!

My entry for the event.
I really just wanted to create a space with a quiet and relaxing atmosphere :slight_smile:

Did you find the hidden animals? If so let me know ^^

1 Like