🍬 Sweet Treat! April Community Event

Delicious sugary snacks, decadent flaky pastries with vanilla cream and tangy sour fruit-flavoured cand- wait where am I? Oh yeah, our April event. Maybe the Easter bunny brought you some chocolate eggs or maybe you just have a general sweet tooth, it’s time to craft some sugary spaces and candied games!

Get a taste of this!

Tl;dr:

• Create a game or a space with a colourful candy-like theme.

:trophy: Awards:

1st place: 300 USD
2nd-3rd: 200 USD
First-timer award: 100 USD

Challenge starts on April 1st, and submissions close on April 30th, 2022 at 12:00 PM CEST.

Winners will be announced on May 3rd during the playthrough livestream.

We will then DM the winners for the reward details.

Rules:

Yahaha decides the winners.

You can show your support by playing the creations and leaving comments in the submissions.

Community’s opinion will be considered.

To be a valid submission, please follow these requirements:

-Create and publish an original project

-Submit your project on the Yahaha forum (under this message) OR Yahaha’s Discord server on the dedicated channel for the event

Gift your candies to others share your space on social media! :heart:

5 Likes

Hello everyone :smiley:
Here’s my entry for the event:

The objective of the game is to search and obtain the special candy.
I wanted to play around with checkpoints and VFX. Hope I did it right. I’ve got a nice Michael Bay feeling in the process of making the game :joy:

Hope you enjoy the couple easter eggs in the game.

Have fun :smiley:

2 Likes

The game looks amazing! Congrats on the enviromental design, was really fun playing it

1 Like

Here is my entry, it was a long game to make, but I’m proud of the end result, hope everyone enjoys it:

**BACKDOORS:
I added a couple of skips in case someone wanted to see the game through, but didn’t have the time to complete every quests, so here is a list of quick skips so you can finish the game very fast (Ofc I don’t want you to use this, unless you absolutely have to):

Skip town quests: The big marshmellow close to the bridge is breakable, it drops 10 coins and respanws instantly, farm it to have enough coins to pay the mayor (IMPORTANT: ALWAYS ACTIVATE THE MERCHANT QUEST BEFORE MOVING ON, OTHERWISE YOU’LL GET STUCK LATER)

Skip cupcake quests and boatman: Head to the forest and look for a wood cabin at the beach, you will see 3 platforms, stand on the leftmost platform for 10 seconds and you will be teleported to the mines

2 Likes

:framed_picture:

:chains:

:desktop_computer:

1 Like

Here is my submission for this event

Bubble Gum Groove

1 Like

Another event’s been wrapped up like a little chocolate egg on Easter! Thank you to everyone who submitted their sweet entry and a big congrats to the winners! Speaking of, here they are:

FIRST PLACE: VOID CALLER: Chocolate Catacombs - Vigilabo

SECOND PLACE: Candyland Easter Quest - ResenhaDoBar

THIRD PLACE: Unexpected Candy - SkulHunter

FIRST-TIMER AWARD: Bubble Gum Groove - guillamag

Here’s the highlight video for the Sweet Treat event, let’s watch and reminisce all the best bits of the challenge: Sweet Treat Highlight Reel - YouTube